In 1939, Frank "Babe" Alioto Sr. ,the first American born child of Sicilian immigrants started Alioto's Garage & Auto Body in Daly City. With business booming, Babe moved the shop to San Francisco's Marina District in 1946. As the need for a larger facility grew, in 1951 Babe moved the shop to 15th & Valencia, to 24th Street in 1955 and finally to its current location at 1835 Folsom Street.
Babe, a family man, was never far from home. Raising his son, Frank, Jr. in the shop and teaching him the in's & out's of collision repair & refinish. When Babe passed in 1962, the torch was naturally passed to Frank, Jr. Frank Alioto, Jr., father of two boys, continued the family tradition by raising two sons, Matt and Chris. In 1994, Frank, Jr. added an additional 40,000 square feet to accommodate the increasing demand for quality collision repair in San Francisco. In 2007, another building was added to the shop and increased capacity by another 18,000 square feet. Frank retired in 2007 and handed the reigns over to Matt & Chris Alioto. In January of 2011, Matt & Chris expanded yet again with the acquisition of a new location at 2020 Van Ness Avenue in Pacific Heights. In 2013, their third location was added at 185 Bayshore.
Matt Alioto, father to two boys and Chris Alioto, father to one son & two daughters continue the family tradition. Ever evolving the business, Matt and Chris carry on the legacy of a true commitment to service to San Francisco residents for their collision repair needs.