I went to Dr. Reddy for over a year. I spent thousands of dollars having work done after not having been to a dentist in quite some time. The work I had done included root canals, crowns, and fillings. I had a number of issues with my various procedures including:
- Temporary crown falling off (moments after leaving the office)
- Replacement temporary crown cracked into pieces while eating soft bread, leaving the remaining tooth/nerve exposed (this happened because the temporary was not filed down enough).
- A file broke off during a root canal (I have had two dentists attest that they would have never tried this procedure and would have referred me to an endodontist). When I questioned Dr. Reddy about it she indicated she would not have mentioned it at all and that she planned to fill around it. I allowed her to try this (MISTAKE) and my new dentist does not think she filled around it ... I now need to visit an endodontist for a consult and potentially more treatment.
- My new dentist has received SOME X-rays from Dr. Reddy's office. Despite clear-as-day instructions they did not remit them all, conveniently leaving out critical X-rays that would allow my new dentist to have a complete view of the work she's done from start to finish.
- One thing my new dentist has noticed is that one root canal may not have even been required (though this could not be confirmed without more information - once again, this was requested but not delivered). There is also a tooth that Dr. Reddy had a crown made for that needed a root canal to begin with. This can easily be seen in the X-rays and is complete waste now! My only hope is that the endodontist can salvage the crown!
Overall, it is a lovely facility but the treatment was abhorrent. I noticed a lot of staff turnover which I did not find encouraging. The staff is difficult to deal with when you do have issues. I know the only thing they would offer me at this point is to do the work themselves (potentially free or discounted) but I am never going back there for treatment.
Every issue I brought up was labeled as an anomaly - I was told over and over that I am a special case, my mouth is narrow, my bite is shallow, my teeth are packed tightly together. This may all very well be true but I would expect a good dentist to know how to handle my "special" case. Truthfully, I feel like I was a test patient, lab rat, guinea pig for Dr. Reddy to 'play' dentist/endodontist on.
I would take my case to the Georgia Dental Association but Dr. Reddy is NOT a member. Unfortunately, this means she is not subject to a proper peer-review. I am sickened by how much money I spent with them and have to just take it as another life lesson learned. I can also attest that they offer raffle prizes to people who leave positive reviews, so don't buy into all the 5 star responses, people just want a free electronic toothbrush!!!
Ugh, I could go on but why? You get the picture!