Our philosophy is to practice full scope optometry. This means we treat adults, children and seniors.
We specialize in vision therapy and specialized contact lens fitting.
Cornea & Contact Lenses
Carpenters Health and Welfare Trust
EyeMed Vision Care
Medical Eye Services
Most insurance accepted
Dr. Ben Popilsky
Certifications & Memberships
99.4%would refer friends and family to us
Dr. Popilsky is one of the best eye doctors I've had. He is thorough and professional. He is genuine and wants to get to know his patients to offer the best options for the individual. One can tell he loves his profession.
Dr. Popilsky is very professional and knows his eyes! Good sense of humor, efficient and friendly. All the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend this office and Doctor to all my friends and family.
Areas to consider improving:
1. Explaining more, as it’s happening, what you’re doing in someone’s mouth. We have no idea what’s going on there and I like knowing what’s going on, as it’s going on.
“We’re going to blow some air on your teeth because it helps us ascertain if there are any problem areas, like cavities” etc. And then after the inspection, "Your teeth look good and we didn't see any cavities or issues."
2. For fillings, I think it would be great to show the patient, with a mirror, the before and after of the tooth. Okay, here’s what it looked like with the cavity, and now here’s what it looks like with the filling. Most of us will never see the fillings, unless they’re in obvious places.
3. I would recommend not having discussions, that don’t relate to the patient or patient’s care, while working on a patient. Leave those discussions for more appropriate times when there isn’t a patient in the chair.
4. Not sure what the standard is for the length of appointments for cleaning. It’s probably a standard time, like an hour which makes sense. But I still had a lot of stains on my teeth (of unknown origin), and there wasn’t time to remove all the stains before the end of my appointment time. There were also stains left on my teeth after my first dental appointment at your office, which I believe also related to a time constraint as well. I didn’t say anything after the first cleaning because I thought all the stains related to having to whiten my teeth. But the recent hygienist told me it wasn’t a whitening issue. It was a matter of scraping them off the teeth. So I left the office after my recent cleaning, thinking all the stains were removed and they weren’t just because there wasn’t time (which wasn't the hygienist's fault). It would be better to communicate with the patient so they know what the status is of their teeth and then offer solutions.
“We didn’t have time to get to all the stains on your teeth because there were just too many. But I would recommend _____________ (schedule another cleaning sooner than six months, wait until your next appointment and request a little longer appointment, etc).”
That way, you’re dealing with it upfront. I understand time constraints. I think it’s a matter of working on communication and offering solutions.
Things I appreciated:
1. The staff is very friendly and supportive.
2. I wasn’t charged a fee for a copy of my x-rays. Your office is the only office I can think of who hasn’t charged me for a copy.
3. Any questions I had were answered.
4. It didn’t take months to get an appointment.
5. The office seems to be run very efficiently. People come and go smoothly.
6. The bathroom is clean.
7. The communication and consideration of the patient and their comfort is high. I noticed this both for my filling and my cleaning.
8. When I requested a follow-up, even though it’s not standard, the office scheduled a quick one so the the dentist could see the tooth after. It was more for my peace of mind than a necessity, but I appreciated it.
9. The front office is welcoming and it's pleasant atmosphere.