I was very disappointed with a recent massage I received.
1. The massage started with dry, hard pressure - so much that it was moving me up the table! It was at least 5 painful minutes before he started using oil.
2. The masseuse did not use proper draping techniques - especially when stretching my legs towards my head! I had to reach down and tuck the sheet in between my legs myself!
3. When massaging one of my legs, I asked the masseuse to be careful of his nails, as it felt like he was scratching me. (this was also felt up near my neck as well, but I had not mentioned it.) He went on about how he always keeps his nails short, down to the fingertip, and how he always makes sure everyone keeps short nails and that I must have been feeling something else. Following the massage, when I was leaving, I found not only were his nails longer than mine, there was dirt under his nails!
4. The "bolster" he put under my legs offered absolutely no support. It also should have been placed under the sheet both for hygienic and comfort reasons. My oiled legs stuck to it and was irritating.
5. During the massage he kept chatting about random things and talking to himself.
6. The massage started at ten minutes after the scheduled time, but did not end 10 minutes after. This is not a 60 minute massage.
7. At the end, he told me to continue lying down to rest while he went to get me water. I waited nearly five minutes for a dixie cup with 2 sips of water in it.
8. When I stood up, I felt more back pain that I have felt in a very long time and could hardly get dressed without wincing.
I have been to this facility before and had a much nicer visit than this one. I used a lifebooker deal, but to me, it was no deal. I left a tip, which was generous, considering my experience, but I really didn't want to leave one at all.
I would like my money back on this visit to use on another masseuse.