Project was to install a 3/4 ton split AC unit. There were several problems.
- When the team arrived, it was apparent they had not done any preparation work. They did not know what work was to be done, and had to take significant time to review.
- Then the team concluded it had to leave the project, postpone the work at our project, and return at an unspecified time. This was a problem because we had an arranged installation date, and installation was critical.
- The installation team that arrived did not understand how to do all parts of the work. A split unit requires that the condenser and the coil be connected to one another with both copper tubing and electrical controls. The installation team did not understand how to connect the electrical controls. Nor did they understand how to install the thermostat.
- The team again threatened to leave the jobsite...there was pressure for them to go to another "more important" job.
- After saying they did not know anything about control wiring, they decided to actually look at the work and figured it out. But the thermostat sensor (intended to show how well the system cooled on the inside) was installed to sense outside ambient temperature. This made the unit run all the time.
- Rather than deal with Scott, we asked another mechanic to relocate the thermostat.
Good Morning Mr. McGinnis,
I'm sorry you feel like that and we strive to give the Best service possible. I have spoken to all parties and got all facts together. We started this project with you already having purchased 3/4 ton mini split and we normally don't do that but you where refereed to us. We installed unit in a cargo container that was not ready yet for us to install on the first visit and even upon return the following day was not ready for us. We even went to the extent to recommend a welder due to site not being ready to install pre-purchased equipment. This install was only to be a day long ended up taking 2 days not including a service technician having to charge system that was suppose to be fully charged but was lacking proper refrigerant. We help in any situation, moving forward we will stay strong on not installing anything that is not purchased by our company so we make sure this type of situation does not happen again. If you have any other question's please call and speak to management.