Hello, my rate reflects several things:
1)The bathroom garbage was overflowing (this is in a higher-end place - so I expected better)
2) My stylist at first seemed dismissive (by mid and end of my appointment, she was amazing!). At first, I asked for some ideas about my haircut and she said, almost bothered, "it's up to you." I mean, I know it's up to me, ultimately but I was asking for her professional advice. And especially since she's a superior stylist I was hoping for some ideas, which I happily always get elsewhere in my appointments.
3) As we walked towards the area where she was going to wash my hair she said we need to hurry because they didn't book me enough time and then started to ask questions as if I somehow had something to do with that, like did I walk in or something. I felt blamed.
4) My hair wash took 2-3 mins at most. No scalp massage, nothing. Again $80+ hair cut (which for me is not layered just a basic cut - more of a trim).
5) She started to show interest and ask questions and then everything else was forgotten. I found her really sweet after but the tone was already set and it took a bit for me to collect my thoughts and feel good again.
6) Lastly, there was hair everywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was stepping on chunks of hair like one person gets a cut and another gets a cut right after it without cleaning up. It was disgusting.
7) I pre booked my appointments in advance for the next two months but reconsidering keeping them. I just moved from Los Angeles and haven't had a chance to look around.
8) Lastly, ask your clients for something to drink! I mean at my nail place they bring me a soda or water bottle or coffee, tea, in a tray, it's amazing and it feels great.