I went to Dr. Zak's for a mild discomfort in my mouth. I was told:
1. I had nerve damage and probably needed a root canal and cap. This even though they could find nothing with their exam.
2. I ground my teeth
3. I had four cavities that needed filling.
4. The standard cleaning was very poor. Typically a good cleaning takes 45-60 minutes. I was out in less than 20.
Estimated out of pocket to me after insurance was about $1200 dollars
I am blessed with good teeth, so I was skeptical of the diagnosis. I went to another dentist. I was told:
1. I had one cavity
2. I needed a cap, but no root canal. And this was on the other side of my mouth. He showed me x-rays of how this tooth had deteriorated because of a large filling.
3. I had the new dentist do a cleaning. It took about 45 minutes. I could tell they were getting plaque during the cleaning process, confirming my suspicions that the cleaning I received at Dr. Zak's was sub-standard.
Estimated out of pocket to me after insurance was about $400 dollars.
Additionally, Dr. Zak didn't cancel an appointment when I had called and cancelled. They said they would get back to me with estimated costs, and didn't. I had to call them and remind them.
I strongly encourage you to stay away! From my experience, I believe they have dishonest business practices.