Out of all the visits I have had with this dental clinic, I think this one was a little disappointing. Nothing big, but several little things that did not go well.
1. I drove from work (La Jolla) for almost an hour in traffic to get there on time. I was not in the mood to hold a chatting conversation. The hygienist sensed that, and still continued to ask me questions. In certain situations, less is better.
2. She told me I needed comprehensive x-rays, (Not sure what the proper name is) until I questioned if this is something my insurance covers. She checked, and told me insurance only covers portion of it. I declined. I need this info prior to you even attempting to take the x-rays. I should not have to ask you for that info.
3. Comparing my previous cleanings, this one was not as vigorous or as long. But prior to starting the cleaning process, Dr. Bell came in and told me that I have excess of stain and plaque buildup. So in my mind the cleaning should have been more thorough.
4. My lips were very dry during the cleaning (as they always are), and by touching them with dry latex gloves and dry metal instruments, you create a situation where the lips stick to them. Several times i felt like portions of the skin were going to come off. This is not an isolated incident, it has happened before with other hygienists. I think you should implement a procedure where the gloves and instruments should be moist with either water or saline, so that situations like this do not happen.
5. Final minor matter, learn how to pronounce a patient's name.